Sunday, March 6, 2011

Flaming Ass Friday- 4 Mar 11

So our squadron has Flaming Ass Friday's (FAF) once a month. FAF as we call it around the office, is a chance for everyone to bring food, eat, and be merry. We also welcome newcomers and all that jazz. This event got it's name from a crock pot of Hot chili that makes an appearance at every FAF. Well, this last Friday we switched it up a little and everyone brought their food down town to the local Curling Club, where we ate, and were merry! We have two league curlers in our squadron who told us the rules and showed us the ropes and sent us all on our way for some "Happy Curling".

This is me taking a practice shot at "throwing rocks". It is actually a lot harder than you might think, and a whole lot more fun that you might think! I can't wait to do it again!

I think this is me being excited because my second shot actually made it all the way down the lane into the "house".

Here is Chief sweeping away trying to make that rock curl so it will stop right on the "button"(the button is the white circle in the center where you hope your rock will stop).

I'm not sure what just happened but it seems to be funny. We are all laughing in this one. Someone probably biffed it. By the end of our 3 hour tour I lost track of how many people fell. No one got seriously hurt though which is good!

Here is Craig and I sweeping away. I didn't really get the sweeping part down until the very end. These pictures make it look like a whole lot of standing around, but it isn't really.

I'm no Pro at Curling, but I am sure this is NOT the way to throw your rock. Poor fella, he's gonna feel that in the morning!

I never thought I would go Curling or think I might enjoy it, but I am learning every day that the more new things I try, the more things I end up liking. When Jess gets home he is going to wonder who I am and what happened to his wife. Ahh, but I am having fun! If you ever get the chance to go Curling but think you might not like it, I am advising you go ahead and give it a chance. Happy Curling!

I love you Daddy!
Be safe and come home soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment