Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Sundae...mmm

What a great, somewhat relaxing, weekend. After all the running around and traveling we have been doing lately I decided we would have a chill weekend and hang tight at the house. It was a good idea because is was cold out. Not cold enough to keep us from going out to play though. On Saturday we went outside so the kids could burn off some energy. They had fun walking on top of the snow because it was so hard you can't actually play with it. Kaeden climbed up to the top of the snow pile and yelled "Mom look at me, I'm the king of the mountain"! You can't really tell by this picture but he is standing on a 6-7 foot drift, he is all the way up to the branches of the tree.
Bella crawled up there with him. She wasn't as excited to be up there as Kaeden was. She was actually scared and wanted me to come up to get her, but what they don't know is that I am actually big enough to fall through that snow. I don't think I could actually ever make it to the top before sinking. She managed to get down on her own with a little coaxing, and after a few trips up and down she wasn't scared at all. Kaeden actually slid down the steep side of the snow pile on his butt a few times and loved it!
Our Sunday dinner wasn't planned out very well. I still do not have a very good selection of ingredients in the house for the dishes I would like to make so I keep scrounging for meals. Tonight I put together some beef stew meet with sauteed onions, red bell peppers, and yellow bell peppers over brown rice. I knew this would not be something Kaeden would be interested in eating. "I don't like that" is all I hear from that boy when it comes to eating. But to my surprise, tonight he ate all of it. Yes, with a little coaxing, but he ate red, yellow, and green peppers(snack), onions, and beef stew meat. I was so happy I decided to reward him with a triple berry shake made by yours truly. I let them watch me make it so they would get pumped up about it. They were making silly faces in this picture of course. It wouldn't be the Maki clan if it weren't silly!
We had enough to have three mugs of it and it was yummy! One question... Should I feel bad as a mom when my 2 1/2 year old daughter says "I like it nice and clean" instead of "I like ice cream" because she doesn't know the difference. Shouldn't every child by that age know what ice cream is? FAIL, FAIL, FAIL!

Kaeden and his silly smiles again!


This is Bella trying to say cheese with a mouth full of triple berry shake.


Good down to the last drop!

It was a good weekend at home, and tomorrow is back to the grind stone, but I am thankful I got to share Sunday sundaes with my babies! Come on next weekend! Luckily my job keeps me so busy that the weeks fly by so at this rate Jess will be home in no time. I need my Big Mak back if you know what I mean!

We LOVE and MISS you Daddy!
Stay safe! Can't wait to have you home!

No comments:

Post a Comment